“Reading will always accompany the meals of the brothers. The reader should not be the one who just happens to pick up the book, but someone who will read for a whole week, beginning on Sunday. Let there be complete silence. No whispering, no speaking–only the reader’s voice should be heard there.” – The Rule of St. Benedict, chapter 38
This category is devoted to the books that are currently read in the refectory at Clear Creek Abbey.
Customer matched zone "United States"
View cart “1917 Red Banners White Mantle” has been added to your cart.
Building Something Beautiful For God –
To Last A Thousand Years
Our Lady of Clear Creek Abbey is a Benedictine community belonging to the Solesmes Congregation and, like other monasteries of the Solesmes Congregation, is to be counted among the institutes entirely ordered towards contemplation. It was founded in 1999 from the Abbey of Our Lady of Fontgombault in France and is located in the Diocese of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Clear Creek became an abbey in 2010 and counts 55 monks, who devote themselves to God alone in the hidden life, in silence and solitude, in constant prayer and willing penance.
After twenty years of existence, we are happy, by the grace of God, to have completed two large buildings and a sizable portion of our abbatial church. We started building the “Chapter House” to accommodate the growing number of monks and provide a Sacristy, Infirmary, classrooms and the Chapter itself. Please help us continue this arduous, but important work for the glory of God.
Our Lady of Clear Creek Abbey
5804 W Monastery Road
Hulbert, OK 74441-5698
Phone (918) 772-2454